Your privacy matters to us
Collection of Information
When you register an interest in our products or services we collect sufficient information about you to keep in contact with you for the purposes of sending periodic newsletters, technical information about our products, and important upgrade and security information about your products to assist you in obtaining maximum value and performance from our products. We may collect Anonymised Information passively or actively. Anonymised information helps us learn about our users and customers and we use this information to provide you with information about our products and services, to develop new products and services, and to better tailor features or performance. For the purposes of marketing we may collect personal information of relevant candidates, meaning candidates who operate either on a personal or commercial level within our fields of business. We have never purchased lists of personal data. We only collect relevant personal information through one of the following means:
- You’ve shared your personal information through personal contact
- You’ve showed interest in our products and services in the past
- You’ve previously purchased Avolites products · You are a user of Avolites products
- You have attended an event in our line of work
- You are a reader/subscriber of an industry journal that is relevant to our line of work
- You have been recommended to us as a person that would could be potentially be interested in our products and services
Information Collected via Technology
If you use our apps, certain Anonymised Information may also be collected passively. The nature of the Anonymised Information that your device transmits to us will not enable us to trace it back to an identifiable person. The use of our App does not allow us to collect any Personal Information about you. When you download software from our website, or license software through our website we may record information such as your name, company, phone number and email address so we can communicate information in the future about that software or licence to assist you.
Lawful bases for personal data processing
Avolites records only data strictly necessary to meet the purpose(s) of processing. We aim to collect only the details that are necessary for the intended purpose, no more and no less. In the event of any change in processing, we will reverify that the data collected is still relevant. Where possible, Avolites defaults to either anonymised data or pseudonymised data, personal data is only utilised where no other reasonable alternative is available. To ensure compliance with the GDPR, Avolites Ltd has conducted a full review of all the personal data that we process and the legal bases that applies. Where Legitimate Interest is the legal basis we have also conducted a full ‘Legitimate Interest Assessment’ to ensure compliance. Avolites Ltd rely on four of the lawful bases described in the GDPR, which allow us to process personal data that we have deemed necessary. Listed below is the data processing that we perform and the associated legal bases that apply.
- 1. Personal data of suppliers:
- a. Legal Obligation, Contract and/or Consent
- b. For the purpose of being able to purchase components and/or general supply
- 2. Personal data of customers:
- a. Contract and/or Consent
- b. For the purpose of keeping customers up to date and/or fulfil an order
- 3. Personal data of product users: Legitimate Interest and/or Consent
- 4. Personal data of potential customers: Legitimate Interest and/or Consent
- 5. Personal data of potential customers (email database): Legitimate Interest and/or Consent
Where we have adopted Legitimate Interest or Consent as the legal bases you can request information about (or correction/deletion of) the data we hold about you.
We hold client names and emails on our mailing list. Over many years we have collected email address information from existing clients and contacts who have a legitimate interest in our industry. We have never used purchased data or passed our contacts to a third party. We have a visible unsubscribe facility on our enewsletters/product updates and stop sending newsletters when a user unsubscribes. In line with the GDPR, we have conducted a review of the personal data held on the database of mailing list contacts and have determined that we can continue to market to the contacts under the lawful basis of ‘Legitimate Interest’. Moving ahead into the future, you will still receive the same service and communications just as you have always done, and your data will always continue to be held securely and treated with our absolute care and respect. You will have the right to unsubscribe at any time and can request information about (or correction/deletion of) the data we hold about you.